Remote and Encrypted Web Administration
IceWarp Mail Server supports remote administration options for mail administrators. The Remote GUI is a user-interface that interacts with Mail Server over SSL sockets while providing a familiar interface to enact changes and updates to IceWarp Mail Server from a computer other than the server itself. The Web Administration utility gives an administrator complete control of the mail server through a secure, browser connection.
Mail Server Administration Console
The IceWarp Mail Server Administration Console may be accessed directly on the server where IceWarp Mail Server is running or remotely via the Remote Server Administration option.
The console organizes mail server components in an easy to use tree menu that is fully customizable, allowing administrators to eliminate options rarely used. Administrators may also create a custom toolbar within the interface, placing often-used functions just one click away. Finally, the entire interface may be localized in the administratorís native language.
The console's main panel renders fully in 800X600 resolution, displaying all fields easily, even when accessed remotely. It can also be minimized to the Windows system tray, enabling mail administrators to check mail server status at a glance.
Centralized Services Management
Within the IceWarp Mail Server Admin Console, all options related to mail services are centralized under one panel. From this panel, administrators may edit service properties and start, stop or restart services via easy-to-use right click menus.
Administrators may also view service statistics here, including graphical charts depicting number of connections, number of messages, a list of sessions, and more. This panel also includes the ability to view the message queue, allowing email administrators to view the message queue directly from the IceWarp Mail Server administration console.
Command Line Tool
IceWarp Mail Server features a command line tool that allows administrators the ability to modify all mail server settings from a simple command line. The tool supports creation, deletion or modification of any account and/or domain on the mail server.
User and Domain Groups
IceWarp Mail Server administrators may group like users and domains and make subsequent changes to their account settings collectively. This feature is ideal for large ISPs and enterprise users.
WebMail Password Verification
To ease Web mail administration, IceWarp Mail Server features an easy-to-use verification system that will allow Web mail users the ability to retrieve forgotten passwords without mail administrator assistance.
High availability, email server load-balancing and failover features make it possible to deploy a high-traffic, high-load, multiple server communication system and establish virtually limitless number of accounts and domains.
User accounts can be synchronized with Active Directory or any other LDAP-based directory service, to mirror accounts from an NT Domain Controller for example.
- Active Directory Integration
- Professional file system caching storage or DB account storage
- Load-balancing / full failover configuration support
- Backup and recovery to remote file servers
- Server Monitoring- disk space, memory, CPU utilization (e-mail and IM alerts)
- Service Watchdogs (restart service if down)
- Remote Server Watchdog (notifies of remote server failures/changes, monitors IP, host, URL)
- Distributed services
- Filesystem optimizations
- Enhanced memory architecture
- SMP Multiprocessor and multi-core CPU support
- MDA Mode/Processing Queues for high-traffic servers
- DNS Smart Cache to process 1000s of queries per second
- TCP/IP Tunneling front-end for VPN-like functionality
- Network time synchronization
- Daytime server
Database holds accounts, lists, queues, logs and other data which are frequently accessed throughout server operation. This allows independent backups and reuse of stored information from within external applications. Further it servers as backend for GroupWare and cache for WebMail Live. Opting for a high-performance RDBMS is therefore crucial from 500 accounts per server. Dedicated DB server should be deployed for thousands of accounts and large GroupWare repositories. The exact requirements of course depend on traffic and user activity. Any of the below mentioned engines can be recommended.
- Multi-threaded native ODBC compliant driver for MS SQL, Interbase, Oracle, FireBird
- User installable mySQL, SQLite, or ODBC 64-bit driver
- Holds accounts, lists, queues, logs, any reusable operational data
- Backup database connection for extra redundancy
- Database Migration (Accounts/Anti-Spam/GroupWare..)
- Migrate between any supported DB engines with a mouse-click
- Transactions support migrates 1000s of records within seconds
Backup and Recovery
Backup your server settings and accounts regularly with an automatic schedule, or manually with a single click of a button. Restoring your system is as quick and simple as the backup. All backups and archives deploy ZIP compression algorithm, allowing to use popular compression utilities to browse the files as easily as exploring a directory structure, while minimizing occupied space.
- One-click manual Backup and Restore
- Scheduled Backup
- Incremental Backup
- Log Backup to track down server activity
- Backup all or any subset of data, settings, accounts
- Possibility to include external directories
- Remote fileserver connectivity
- Backup GroupWare data by mirroring the DB, using backup tools or to a file
- User can backup Outlook GroupWare data to quickly restore PSTs
All communication can be archived for administrative and legal purposes. To comply with regulations such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act ( SARBOX ), there's server-side message archive with rotation and backup. Afterwards the archives can be automatically deleted after a specified number of days, or kept indefinitely. Messages are saved as files in a tree folder structure, which makes the restore just a matter of extracting content of archives to a selected IMAP folder and they are immediately available for audit.
- Archivation utility with archive rotation, backup, scheduling
- Archive all, only sent, only recieved messages
- Forward or save incoming/outgoing copies to e-mail for revision
- Password protected backup of deleted messages
Internal communication policies can be easily enforced by usage limits and advanced filtering and content scanning methods, eliminating undesirable content. Actions taken upon discovering infringement include deleting or forwarding the message, notifying administrator, running external processes or banning the sender.
- Server/domain/group/user level quota and limits
- Message processing Rules
- Content Indexing- block messages based on number of duplicates received
- Extensive Content Filters with RegEx support
- Flexible, customizable filters scan message content for keywords and phrases
- Execute application action
- SQL statement action allows to use own DB, make queries, insert statements
- External filters (command, script, function)
- Blacklisting, Whitelisting (Server/Domain/Group/User level)
- Redirection/Forwarding/Header Rewrite