3CX 7.0 Now Available!
Major new release of Windows based IP PBX Windows includes: new and improved interface, Sangoma support, performance and usability enhancements.
December 1, 2008 – Deerfield.com announces the much-anticipated 7.0 release of 3CX, that improves performance and usability for existing users and allows seamless installations for new users.
“Version 7 is a major step forward in the evolution of 3CX and is a great example of how a software based PBX like 3CX can seamlessly add new features and improve with regular development and upgrades, as opposed to cumbersome hardware PBX’s where updates and maintenance can be disruptive and require high level technical assistance,” said Mike Deerfield, CEO of Deerfield.com – North American Distributors of 3CX. “The advanced call queue options and call forwarding rules are highly sought after features that will satisfy thousands of customers, while the revamped interface and intuitive configuration wizard ensure that 3CX is easy to setup and administer. And support for Sangoma gateway cards provides customers with a reliable, low cost VoIP Gateway option that will significantly reduce overall implementation costs and streamline operations.”
New Features in 7.0 Include:
Download 3CX Version 7 at: http://www.deerfield.com/download/3cx/
- Revamped interface, with many usability improvements.
- Ability to set advanced forwarding rules per extension based on caller ID, time received and whether it’s an internal or an external call.
- Apache was replaced by a Microsoft Web Server, Cassini, which is more Windows friendly, or optionally IIS can be used.
- Added support for running 3CX as a virtual instance in Hyper V.
- New configuration wizard that vastly simplifies new installations.
- Improved system performance.
- Ability to offer callers a way to exit out of the queue and leave a message instead of waiting.
- Ability to have callers go straight to voice mail if no one is manning the queue.
- Support for using Sangoma cards as VoIP Gateways, either installed on the same machine or on a remote machine.
- Resolve inbound calls to an outlook contact – incoming calls can automatically bring up the appropriate contact record based on the caller ID.
# # #
Deerfield.com is the US and Canadian distributor of 3CX. Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Gaylord, Michigan, Deerfield.com® is an International provider of Internet software and services designed to meet the connectivity, security and messaging needs of small-to-medium sized businesses and organizations. Deerfield.com publishes a leading suite of Internet products distributed via ESD (Electronic Software Distribution) globally through both direct and multi-tiered distribution channels.
Tel: (989) 732-8856
If you are a product reviewer and would like to review a Deerfield product, please contact: