Newest Version Of Shavlik HFNetChkPro™ Introduces More Power & Flexibility|
Shavlik HFNetChkPro™ 5 Now Available From Deerfield.com And Authorized Deerfield.com Resellers
GAYLORD, MI — March 25, 2005 — Deerfield.com, an international provider of security and messaging software, announced today the release of Shavlik HFNetChkPro™ 5, industry-leading patch management software, re-tooled to simplify scanning and deployment of security patches to network servers and workstations, and customized to meet the patch management needs of diverse organizations.
In addition to a number of enhancements to it’s administration console and feature set, Shavlik HFNetChkPro™ 5 introduces three new licensing options that allow organizations to select the functionality they need at the most affordable price:
- Shavlik NetChk Patch™ Basic Edition: Basic patch management for small organizations that do not require advanced patch management functions such as scheduled scans, executive reports and email notifications.
- Shavlik NetChk Patch™ Audit Edition: A perfect fit for consultants and auditors, providing scanning functions with advanced reporting options. This edition does not include patch deployment functions.
- Shavlik HFNetChkPro™ 5: Provides advanced patch management features for a range of operating systems and applications.
- Shavlik HFNetChkPro™ 5 Plus: Features enterprise deployment and reporting features.
“Patch management varies considerably across all types of organizations—in both policy and mechanics,” said Mike Deerfield, Chief Executive Officer of Deerfield.com. “Given the complexity and growing number of security patches, most network administrators appreciate finite control over the patch process,” Deerfield continued. “Shavlik’s HFNetChkPro suite, which includes patch management tools for both Windows and Linux, provides patch management tools powerful and flexible enough to give administrators the level of functionality and control required for their particular networks.”
Enhancements to Shavlik HFNetChkPro™ 5 include:
- Advanced Reboot Options - Administrators can choose to reboot systems immediately after patch installation or at a specified date or time. If a user is logged into the system at the time of the scheduled reboot, the administrator can choose to delay the reboot until the user logs off or until a specified date and time, whichever comes first. The administrator can also configure the reboot options to allow users to disable or postpone the reboot.
- Executive Reporting - Shavlik HFNetChkPro™ 5 features ten new management reports, including executive summaries, top ten reports, and machine inventory, each with charts and graphs.
- Automated Email Alerts and Reports - Shavlik HFNetChkPro™ 5 includes a powerful new email function that allows administrators to configure the application to automatically send email alerts and reports to selected recipients after each scan and before or after each patch deployment.
- Advanced Scheduling Options - With Shavlik HFNetChkPro™ 5, administrators can automatically deploy missing patches immediately after interactive or scheduled scans. This feature can be used to ensure that all machines are always kept up to date with critical patches. The entire scan and auto-deploy process can run at a scheduled time completely unattended.
Pricing and Availability
The Shavlik suite of patch management solutions is now available to end users worldwide and authorized Deerfield.com resellers in North America.
For more details, please visit http://www.deerfield.com/products/hfnetchkpro/.
About Shavlik Technologies, LLC:
Shavlik Technologies is a leading security products and services firm headquartered in St. Paul, Minn. The company helps information technology managers and administrators manage computer systems security, including assessment, security scanning and remediation of security vulnerabilities due to missing patches, weak accounts and passwords. Shavlik products including HFNetChkPro, the industry standard for security patch management, and EnterpriseInspector, a network inspection tool, are used worldwide by thousands of corporations, educational institutions, government agencies and other businesses. Shavlik also has a premier security services group that provides patch management strategy and implementation services.
Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Gaylord, Michigan, Deerfield.com® is an International provider of Internet software and services designed to meet the connectivity, security and messaging needs of small-to-medium sized businesses and organizations. Deerfield.com publishes a leading suite of Internet products distributed via ESD (Electronic Software Distribution) globally through both direct and multi-tiered distribution channels. Deerfield.com continues to bring its vision of the Internet to its customers through a range of products including WinRoute Firewall, a flagship Internet sharing solution; DNS2Go®, the company’s dynamic DNS service; Group Mail, a powerful yet simple email marketing tool; Shavlik HFNetChkPro, patch management software; and a newly commissioned family of products, appropriately named VisNetic®.