Complete Spyware Protection For Corporate Computing|
Deerfield.com Now Offers Corporate Licensing For PestPatrol, Leading Anti-spyware Software
GAYLORD, MI — July 28, 2004 — Deerfield.com, an international provider of security and messaging software, announced today the availability of PestPatrol Corporate Edition, a version of the leading anti-spyware software designed for the corporate computing environment. PestPatrol detects and removes spyware, adware, remote access trojans (RATs), keystroke loggers, denial-of-service (DoS) attack agents, probe tools, and other backdoor network threats (including most popular remote access tools). The Corporate Edition provides protection for entire computer networks, controlled via a single administrative console.
“PestPatrol fills an important gap in computer security—one that is not addressed by firewall, antivirus or anti spam defenses, or by the application of Windows security patches,” said Mike Deerfield, Chief Executive Officer of Deerfield.com. “If one or more employees in an organization accesses the Internet during the course of business, then anti-spyware software is a necessary ‘next step’ in securing that organization’s computer infrastructure from hackers,” Deerfield continued. “PestPatrol Corporate Edition makes that step easy and affordable.”
PestPatrol Corporate Edition features:
- Active “Real-time Protection”: Once deployed, PestPatrol does more than detect and remove spyware. It actively protects user workstations against spyware, adware and other pests as they access websites and download files.
- Scheduler: PestPatrol features a scheduler that lets administrators manage scan times and locations from a single location.
- Configurable Email Alerts: Administrators may opt to receive alerts via email when a pest is detected on a workstation.
- Security Compatibility: PestPatrol coexists with perimeter security solutions like antivirus, firewall and virtual private networks without conflict.
- Minimum Resources for Ongoing Management: PestPatrol’s Management Console will push updates to client machines, eliminating the need for each client to download updates over the Internet.
Pricing and Availability
PestPatrol Corporate Edition licenses range from a 10-user license, priced at $357.00 US to a 100-user license for $2550.00 US.
About PestPatrol Inc.:
Founded in 2000, PestPatrol was the first company to identify spyware as a threat and create software to deal with the problem. Pioneers in the anti-spyware industry, PestPatrol experts have testified for anti-spyware legislation, participated in FTC hearings, and continue to lead the way to innovative solutions for the problem. PestPatrol, Inc. is headquartered in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, with regional offices in Maryland, Washington and California.
Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Gaylord, Michigan, Deerfield.com® is an International provider of Internet software and services designed to meet the connectivity, security and messaging needs of small-to-medium sized businesses and organizations. Deerfield.com publishes a leading suite of Internet products distributed via ESD (Electronic Software Distribution) globally through both direct and multi-tiered distribution channels. Deerfield.com continues to bring its vision of the Internet to its customers through a range of products including WinRoute Firewall, a flagship Internet sharing solution; DNS2Go®, the company’s dynamic DNS service; Group Mail, a powerful yet simple email marketing tool; Shavlik HFNetChkPro, patch management software; and a newly commissioned family of products, appropriately named VisNetic®.